Wednesday, October 15, 2008

~Grandma~

"Hello everyone, This is your host, Granny from Malacca and today I would like to introduce my Grand child, Nicole to you." - Granny.


This is Chong's Family Granny, she is nearly a century old by now.
She was born on the year of 1909 in China and later migrate to Malaysia. Oh yes, she's a Hakka!

and guess what? She's still very strong in term of voice.
Can you imagine if i can listen to what she says when i was in my kitchen while she's in the hall, which is roughly 25metres away?

Yea, after a few times where she fell down. Her leg was getting weaker and weaker. So she are now dependent on the wheel chair.

However, she are so determine as she tried to walk by herself with four-leged stick.( ah, don't know how to describe.)



And she love kids of course. She was hugging Nicole (My eldest brother, Michael's Daughter- Nicole)
Nicole have some weird expression as Granny touched her *TUT*. We have totally no idea why Granny doing that. From what my Mom told me, it's to identify Nicole's gender.

"Two more minutes please!" - Granny

Granny loves candy a lot. When I was a young boy, she will always stuff some coin and notes to me, ask me to get whatever I want. Of course as a small kiddo, I love candy.
Whenever I bought those candy home, I would automatically gave her some as kinda "token" because she sponsor me money to buy those.

And the best thing is, my Mom call my Granny and I as a gang - "Candy Gang!"

Yea, although Granny is old, but we do not let her be alone for the reason that
The family is one of nature's masterpieces
(George Santayana, The Life of Reason)

No comments: